Thursday 27 June 2013

Creating a cloudstack plugin

Hi Guys,

Its been awhile since my last post. I've been playing about with Jenkins a lot in order to setup a continuous testing environment, but that's going to be saved for another post.

I began making progress on the API commands I need to make. I created an external class for connecting to LDAP just to get some JDNI experience before diving straight into the Cloudstack codebase of over 4000 lines!

After making this external class I started wondering how to integrate it in with Cloudstack. Turns out you can easily do this as a plugin.

I have successfully made a sample plugin and its now just a matter of changing it about a bit to suit my needs. If you wish to view my notes on this I have uploaded them to http://ianduffy.ie/cloudstack/CreatingAPlugin.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment