Thursday 6 June 2013

About this blog

Hi welcome to my blog,

My name is Ian Duffy and I'm a computing student attending Dublin City University in Ireland. I have interests in virtualization, automation, information systems, networking and web development.

I am currently undertaking a project set out by the Apache Software Foundation within Google's Summer of code program. I am working on a project called Cloudstack, this is cloud computing software for creating, managing and deploying infrastructure cloud services. Specifically, my project aims to improve LDAP user provisioning. LDAP is simply a directory service that holds user profile information, it will be used to provide single-sign-on for provisioned users. That is, if a user exists within the LDAP database and they have been provisioned on Cloudstack then they will be able to login to Cloudstack with their LDAP username/password. A full project proposal can be seen at http://ianduffy.ie/cloudstack-ldap.pdf

I hope to use this blog for reflections and progress reports. If you have any questions, advice, feedback or criticism please leave a comment or email me on ian@ianduffy.ie


No comments:

Post a Comment